Have you registered to vote in the primary? Very Important…..
Check October 20, 2008 instructions update here
The following information was obtained from the Ventura County Democrats website:
Who May Register To Vote?
You may register to vote if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a United States citizen
- You are a resident of California
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
- You are not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote
How To Register To Vote?
- Fill out a Voter Registration Card online: https://ovr.ss.ca.gov/votereg/OnlineVoterReg
- Download and mail a Voter Registration Card: http://www.ss.ca.gov/elections/english.pdf
Please download and complete the form by clicking the link above. Please remember to sign it and mail it directly to your County Registrar of Voters. For county elections office addresses, please visit: www.ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_d.htm.
When to Re-Register to Vote?
You will need to re-register to vote when:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party affiliation
As a California voter, you should be aware that there are ongoing local elections throughout the state. The 15-day close of registration deadline for these local elections varies depending on the actual date of the election. If you need to know a deadline for a local election, you will need to contact your local county elections office to confirm the deadline. You can acquire a voter registration form either at your local county elections office, library, or U.S. Post Office. It is important that the completed voter registration form has a 15-day deadline postmark on it. It is not the Secretary of State’s Office desire to disenfranchise anyone from the voting process.
The Deadline To Register To Vote?
In California, the deadline to register to vote for an election is 15 days before each local and statewide election day, so please register early.
Additional Information –
For additional assistance with voter registration, please contact the Secretary of State’s office at any of the following toll-free numbers: